Saturday 6 December 2014

Storyboard

There are a number of shots that I will be planning for before shooting this video, I have drawn up a plan using a storyboard. First of all I have planned for an interview shot with some lighting from the right of the frame. I'd also like to capture a shot of the subject walking along the street at the camera, passing or walking into a local music venue. Detail shots of the instruments he uses will add tot the video with slow panning camera work. Shots of him playing the instruments should not be rushed in terms of moving the camera to follow the subject.

I have also planned the sequence of questions that I will be asking for the interview, which will define the beginning, middle and end sections of the video, starting with current relative projects, reflecting over past achievements & inspirations, ending with plans for the future, which I think over three minutes works well.
  1. Name / Hometown / Location
  2. Current Projects
  3. Past Projects
  4. Influences
  5. First Guitar
  6. Other Instruments
  7. Ambitions
I think that the audience I should be shooting this video for would be younger people interested in music, so I think that I should use frequent transitions from interview to detail shots that including some high energy clips,m maybe from live performances so that interest is not lost early into the 3 minutes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment